The mission of the State Securities Board is to protect Texas investors. Consistent with that purpose, the Agency seeks to ensure a free and competitive securities market for Texas, increase investor confidence, and thereby encourage the formation of capital and the creation of new jobs in Texas.
What We Do
The State Securities Board is responsible for regulating the securities industry in Texas. We register securities offered or sold in Texas and oversee the firms and individuals selling securities or providing investment advice to Texans. Through our Investor Education initiative, we help our fellow Texans become informed investors.
- IMPORTANT NOTICES
- Frequently Asked Questions- Private Fund Adviser Rules
- AVOIDING COMMON DEFICIENCIES FOUND IN INVESTMENT ADVISER APPLICATIONS
- March 20, 2014 - Texas State Securities Board Bulletin
- March 2014 issue of the TEXAS REGULATORY REVIEW: Insight for Brokers and Advisers
- March 11, 2014 EMERGENCY ORDER ENTERED AGAINST OIL AND GAS COMPANY TAKING INVESTMENT IN BITCOINS
- March 10, 2014 - STATE SECURITIES BOARD RELEASES THE TEXAS INVESTOR GUIDE: STRATEGIES FOR INVESTING WISELY AND AVOIDING FRAUD
- Auction Rate Securities:
A list of agreements and settlements.